Skip to main content

Mother Whose Car Caught Fire In Chick-Fil-A Parking Lot Receives Generous Gift From Pastor And Restaurant Owner

Morgan Carter was spending her lunch break in the parking lot of a Chick-fil-A in Goodlettsville, Tennessee, when her car caught on fire on Dec. 4.

“I was panicking,” she told WKRN. "I didn’t really know what was happening."

The restaurant’s owner, Todd Hunley, tried to help put the fire out, but to no avail.

Carter didn’t have a way to get home and she was no longer able to drive around her two children.

“It was the only car that we had to fit everybody in,” she told WVTF.

Fortunately, Hunley wasn’t the only person who wanted to help. Pastor Kevin Cook was inside the restaurant at the time.

“I just asked [Carter], ‘Hey, what can I do to help?’” Cook told WKRN. "She was like, ‘I really just want you to pray that somehow we can get a car, because this is all we have.’ I knew in that moment that was what we were supposed to do."

Cook and Hunley teamed up to help Carter by paying for a new car she could drive home that same day.

“It was the best thing that could have happened that day for sure,” Carter said.

The generous duo managed to secure Carter a minivan.

“I was hysterical,” Carter said. "I was crying and I was happy at the same time, but still in shock from just everything that was going, and for it to just end so wonderful is just amazing."

Image placeholder title

“I love it, my kids love it, I love it, it’s just awesome, it’s awesome,” she added.

Carter hopes other people are inspired to do good deeds.

“There are good people out there, and I’m so blessed to be one of those people that was able to be helped and I hope one day to be able to do that for someone else,” she said.

Sources: WKRN, WVTF / Photo credit: WKRN

Popular Video