A Houston mother and her sister were charged with felony child endangerment after allowing a one-year-old child to drink six shots of vodka.
First responders were dispatched on February 8 when the one-year-old was reported to be unresponsive. When they arrived, the baby girl was moaning and had vomited. She was also swaying and smelled like alcohol.
The child was taken to a hospital, where it was discovered that she had alcohol poisoning.
According to the child’s father, his daughter had been in the care of her mother, Shadreon Sade Jefferson, and was dropped off having already ingested the vodka. The girl’s mother reported that she had fallen asleep, and when she woke up she found that her sister had given the child alcohol.
Jefferson has been barred from her daughter by a judge, and the child is currently in the custody of her father.