A New Orleans teenager, who was shot by a homeowner last year during a burglary attempt, was arrested Friday after breaking into another home in the same neighborhood.
According to Guns.com, Marshall Coulter, 15, was arrested around 3:45 p.m. after a man came home to find the teenager in his house.
Christopher Starnes, who owns a restaurant near the home that was broken into, saw Coulter go through his neighbor's mail and told him to leave, Fox 8 reported.
Starnes then went to run an errand. When Starnes came back, his neighbor told him that his house been broken into.
“The door was open, the homeowner came home and found him inside and was like, ‘Hey, you’re in my house,’ and the kid was like, ‘I didn’t break in. I have a key.’ He’s like, ‘Yeah, that’s my key. You found it in my mailbox,’” Starnes said.
Authorities say a few items, including a laptop and a cell phone, were sitting out, but nothing else was missing from the home. Coulter was arrested and charged with simple burglary.
This is not the first time Coulter was involved in a home burglary.
In July 2013, Coulter was shot in the head by Merritt Landry after allegedly trespassing on Landry's Marigny property and was treated for severe head injury, WDSU reports.
Landry, 33, was arrested and later charged with second-degree attempted murder for shooting the unarmed teen. Landry was released on bond, but the case is still making it through a grand jury.
According to the New Orleans Police Department, Coulter was also involved in an aggravated burglary in June 2012.
In that case, the homeowners found Coulter inside, which then led to a struggle, police said. Coulter ended up arming himself with the victims' gun and then running away.