Man Dies After Drinking Four Buckets Of Red Bull And Vodka

A British man died in May 2015 after drinking 20 bottles of lager and several shots of sambuca, plus Jack Daniels and cola, as well as drinking "buckets" of Red Bull and vodka while on vacation in Thailand.

During his 36-hour drinking binge, “wide eyed drunk” Peter Nicholson shared four buckets of vodka and Red Bull, reports the Mirror.

Drinking the “Thai buckets” masked the effects of his alcohol intake, which meant he didn’t realize how drunk he was. Thai buckets are commonly drunk at Full Moon parties in and are filled with spirits, ice and a mixer. The combination makes it difficult to tell how much alcohol has been consumed.

The father of one was found dead in his hotel room the following morning by a group of friends, reports New York Daily News. Tests later showed that he’d consumed more than four times the legal limit for driving.

Nicholson regularly vacationed in Thailand and had built a network of friends in the country.

According to Nicholson’s friend, Daniel Wilson, Nicholson drank four cans of lager and four mini bottles of Jack Daniels with coke on the flight to Thailand, in addition to six bottles of lager in the afternoon. Around 7:30 p.m. that night, Nicholson had more than 20 bottles of lager and shots of sambuca liqueur. All of this was consumed before the Thai buckets.

Nicholson was “laughing and joking” in his hotel room that night and had ordered food. He was found dead at 9 a.m. the next morning.

“I didn't want to believe what was happening. It was really cold in the room as the air con was on really low,” Wilson said. “I tickled Peter's feet to try and get his attention but his feet were really cold. He just looked asleep."

According to tests, Nicholson had 452 micrograms of alcohol per 100 milliliters of blood, reports the Mirror. Death from alcohol toxicity is expected at levels of 350 micrograms.

Sources: Mirror, NY Daily News / Photo credit: Mirror 

Popular Video