Actor and former child-star Corey Feldman filed an official police report for being sexually assaulted while he was still a minor in Hollywood. The LAPD is now investigating.
Feldman, who starred in '80s hits such as "Stand By Me" and "The Goonies," has long-claimed to have been a victim of pedophilia along with other young stars of that era.
Feldman has been vocal about the issue since several celebrities began to make claims about sexual abuse from major film producer Harvey Weinstein.
On Oct. 25, he announced a $10,000,000 fundraising campaign on crowdfunding site Indiegogo to make a documentary about pedophilia in the movie industry. As of Nov. 8, he's raised more than $210,000.
This is not Feldman's first time talking about child molestation. In 2011, he told ABC News' "Nightline" that pedophilia "was and always will be" the No. 1 problem for children in the entertainment industry.
"It's the big secret," he said.
Feldman also spoke up about the issue after the 2010 death of his "Lost Boys" co-star, Corey Haim, ABC reports.
"Corey, his was direct rape, whereas mine was not actual rape," Feldman said to the The Hollywood Reporter in 2016.
Haim's mother, however, says that Feldman's claims about sexual abuse are "bogus."
"He's been talking about revealing the names of his and other abusers for seven years, since my son died,” said Judy Haim, according to The Hollywood reporter.
Whereas Feldman believes that Haim was assaulted multiple times by multiple men, his mother maintains that he was molested once by one man. She also expressed contempt that Feldman's documentary campaign, which he refers to using the hashtag #TRUTH, is a potential distraction from his recent drug arrest.
"Now he wants $10 million to do it? Come on. It’s a long con. He’s a scam artist. If he was serious about this, he’d share the information he has with the police."
Feldman shot back at Judy in late October, claiming on Twitter that she had been trying to create distractions since her son's death.
On Nov. 6, Feldman announced on Twitter that he had sat down with the LAPD and that it was the "first formal report" he'd had on file, since another police never followed up with him after he made a claim in 1993.
The LAPD confirmed to the Los Angeles Times that Feldman had made a statement but did not provide any details.
On Nov. 8, former '80s-era actor Dominick Brascia told the National Enquirer that Haim's rapist had been Charlie Sheen. The incident is said to have occurred on the set of the film "Lucas" in 1986, when Sheen was 19 and Haim was 13, the Daily Mail reports.
Feldman had previously alluded to an abusive incident with Haim on the set of "Lucas" in his 2013 book, "Coreyography: A Memoir," but did not name Sheen.
In an appearance one week prior on NBC's "Today" show, Feldman suggested that a report from the National Enquirer might be coming.
"They cover it up," Feldman said. "They protect it. I know of a friend of mine that actually went and spoke to a reporter and gave all the information and they were -- the day before I launched my campaign, they were supposed to put out a story in the [National] Enquirer."