Skip to main content

House Catches Fire After Dog Turned On Stove

A New Jersey home burst into flames after a dog allegedly turned on a stove, ultimately causing a laptop that was sitting on top to catch on fire.

Reports say that the Forked Ricer Fire Department responded to a call at the Lacey Township home on Friday evening and arrived to smoke pouring out of the roof of the house. Sgt. James Tranz said in a news release that the call was for a structure fire.

Firefighters were able to enter the home and put out the flames, and when they went inside, they saw that nobody but the dog was home. The dog was safely removed, and Tranz said that a laptop placed on top of a stove was the cause.

Reports say that the Ocean County Fire Marshal, who also responded to the fire, determined following an investigation that the dog was able to turn the stove on, ultimately causing the laptop to burst into flames.

Sources: USA Today, Asbury Park Press, Time Magazine


Popular Video