A report published Tuesday afternoon by Fox 59 suggests that Jared Fogle, the former spokesman for Subway, will plead guilty to child pornography charges on Wednesday.
The US Attorney’s Office has scheduled a press conference for Wednesday afternoon where the plea agreement will be discussed, and the charges against Fogle revealed.
Federal agents raided Fogle’s home in July, and several computers and DVDs were taken by investigators.
Following the raid, Subway cut all ties with Fogle.
“We have already ended our relationship with Jared and have no further comment,” the company said in a statement after the latest developments on Tuesday, Fox 59 reports.
Investigators revealed earlier in August that text messages sent by Fogle to a female subway employee had been subpoenaed. In the messages, Fogle boasted about having sex with a 16-year-old girl.
Fogle also allegedly told the female employee to advertise herself for sex on Craigslist.
“Is this the same website you found that 16 year old you that you f---ed?” the woman reportedly replied, according to Daily Mail. “I still can’t believe you only paid $100 for her.”
“It was amazing!!!” Fogle allegedly replied. At the time, he was based in Indiana, where the age of consent is 16.
The anonymous woman said that she reported the messages internally in 2008, but nothing was done about them.
Child pornography charges have already been brought against Russell Taylor, who was the former head of Fogle’s charitable foundation, the Jared Foundation.
Around 500 videos were seized in a raid on Taylor’s home in April, some of which contained images of children as young as 9.
Documents filed in the United States District Court said Taylor “sexually exploited four children in his residence by using them to produce child pornography.”
At the time, Fogle said he was “shocked” by the allegations against Taylor.
Fogle’s attorney refused to comment to Fox 59 Tuesday about the nature of the charges or his client’s response, deferring to the US Attorney’s Office.