An early morning fire on the roof of Trump Tower in caused three minor injuries and sent smoke billowing over the New York City skyline on Jan. 8.
The fire was first discovered when Secret Service members noticed smoke on the roof and reported it to the building's fire safety director, WPIX reports. The fire department was called shortly before 7 a.m.
President Donald Trump was in the White House at the time. The president maintains a penthouse condominium in Trump Tower.
Firefighters arrived at the scene in minutes and extinguished the fire, which hadn't spread beyond an HVAC unit on the roof, according to The Washington Post.
"There was a small electrical fire in a cooling tower on the roof of Trump Tower," the Trump Organization said in a statement. "The FDNY were here within minutes and did an exceptional job. Everything is under control and no evacuations were made."
One firefighter was injured by falling debris and an engineer inhaled smoke while trying to put out the fire with a fire extinguisher, said New York City Fire Department Manhattan Borough Commander Roger W. Sakowich, according to WPIX. Both are expected to be OK.
The third injured person was a civilian who received treatment at the scene, according to the FDNY's Twitter account. Further details were not available.
The fire seemed larger than reported because of the amount of smoke billowing from the roof of the skyscraper. Sakowich said all the smoke and steam was a result of the cold weather.
First son Eric Trump, who is executive vice president on the Trump Organization, tweeted a statement shortly after the fire was extinguished.
"There was a small electrical fire in a cooling tower on the roof of Trump Tower," he wrote. "The New York Fire Department was here within minutes and did an incredible job. The men and women of the #FDNY are true heroes and deserve our most sincere thanks and praise!"
The Trump Tower fire comes less than a week after a small fire broke out at the home of former President Bill Clinton and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in Chappaqua, New York.
A short circuit in a bathroom fan was responsible for the fire in a detached building on the Clintons' property, according to The Associated Press. The fire burned a hole in the bathroom ceiling before being extinguished.
Secret Service members were also responsible for spotting the fire on the Clinton property. The Clintons were not home at the time.