Father Admits To Accidentally Killing His Daughter With A Drug Overdose


Jason Wilkes, 45, was on a two-day drug binge with is 17-year-old daughter, Chloe, when she died. Now Jason has admitted to manslaughter for failing to seek medical help when Chloe’s condition rapidly deteriorated after taking Ecstasy and cocaine. Jason, who lived with Chloe in Ashford, Kent, also gave her the drugs.

On July 25, 2014, the father and daughter duo split a gram of cocaine and a gram of Ecstasy between them and stayed up all night, according to Daily Mirror

The following evening, Jason bought another gram of Ecstasy and split it with his daughter. Around 1 a.m. on July 27, Chloe became agitated and disoriented. 

In an effort to reduce Chloe’s fever, Jason took her to a wooded area and used a fan to cool her down. At 2 a.m., Jason said he called for help and informed the operator his daughter wasn’t breathing and did not have a pulse. 

At William Harvey Hospital, less than three miles from the Wilkes’ home, Chloe’s heart was restarted, but she died later that day.

According to a toxicology report, Chloe had 3.1 milligrams of Ecstasy per liter of blood, in addition to cocaine.

Though Jason had already admitted to giving Chloe the drugs, he was found responsible for her death for failing to take her to the hospital. 

“If Chloe Wilkes had been rushed to hospital after she began feeling unwell, the medical staff would have been able to determine that she was overheating, and would have been able to stabilize her airway, breathing and circulation,” Prosecutor James Mulholland QC told the court.

“That opportunity was denied to Chloe by the actions of her father. That failure played a subsequent part in her death,” he said.

"It was a breakdown in parental responsibility, a breach in protective trust which should be inherent in such a relationship ... This was not an isolated incident. This was repeated."

Jason broke up with Chloe’s mother when she was about 10 years old, and Chloe had been taking drugs, ranging from marijuana to Ketamine, since she was 13.

Source: Daily Mirror Image SWNS via Daily Mirror


Popular Video