Jeff Courcelle was petrified when he came home to see his Doberman eating metal.
Courcelle found Mocha, his 5-year-old dog, hovering over a pile of screws, metal pieces, three watch heads and some chewed leather straps last Thursday.
“My husband, who’s the most calm person that I know, called me up and said, ‘I’m not quite sure if I should panic,’” Michele Parkinson, Courcelle’s wife, told CNN.
The 80-pound Doberman had apparently pulled down a basket of wrist wear from a shelf in their bedroom and eaten nearly all the contents. Following the incident, the couple took their dog to MSPCA’s Angell Animal Medical Center.
Mocha endured a 3-hour endoscopy so that doctors could see the contents of her stomach. Fortunately, the jewelry remains had not yet made their way into Mocha’s digestive tract when they were discovered.
Roughly one pound of leather straps and metal pieces were successfully removed from Mocha’s stomach, MSPCA spokesman Rob Halpin told CNN.
Just last summer, Mocha was taken to the emergency room after she swallowed a piece of plastic from an orange juice container. Almost 30 staples were also found in her belly.
CNN reports that as of Friday, Mocha was "no worse for wear."
Photo Credit: MSPCA-Angell, Michele Parkinson via CNN