Woman Finds Cockroach, Burns Down House


A West Virginia woman set her mobile home on fire March 31 after discovering a cockroach inside.

Sandra Kay Ward, 65, said it was one of four or five cockroaches she had found in her home and had grown tired of her landlord's inadequate responses, reports MadWorldNews.

Now Ward faces felony charges. She is currently in jail on a $20,000 bond after being charged with first-degree arson.

Yet Ward appears to feel justified in her act.

“I’m not denying setting the fire, and they (can) put me in jail. I don’t care,” Ward told authorities.

Oddly enough, Ward is not the first to set her house on fire after finding an unwanted visitor living inside.

In 2013, a Texas woman accidentally burned down her house and also damaged her neighbor’s while trying to kill a snake, The Huffington Post reports.

“She saw the snake, threw gasoline on the snake, lit the snake on fire,” Bowie County Sheriff’s Deputy Randall Baggett said. “The snake went into the brush pile and the brush pile caught the home on fire.”

Authorities were shocked when they learned about the incident.

"We were trying to kill a snake with fire … It done caught the house—," the woman said to the dispatcher when she called 911.

“Caught the house?” the dispatcher replies.

“Yes, the house is on fire. Could you hurry up please?” she said.

Then in 2014, a man in West Seattle, Washington burned his house down after using a homemade flamethrower in an attempt to kill a spider.

After finding the pest in his laundry room, he quickly engaged in a fight with the creature that lead to the destruction of his house, using a combination of a lighter and spray paint.

Reports say the damages cost around $60,000 — all for an issue that could have been dealt with by using an inexpensive shoe or bug spray.

It’s unclear if the spider survived the fire.

Sources: MadWorldNews and The Huffington Post(2) / Photo Credit: NorthEscambia

Popular Video