You can add a condom to the list of grossest things ever found in food.
Mai Liang claims she found a condom while eating a squid and fish dish at a local restaurant, Metro reported.
Even more bizarre, the manager was reportedly quick to swallow the evidence immediately after the condom was discovered.
“It was disgusting. My first horrific thought was: Is it used?” explained Liang. “Imagine my horror when I turned it over with my fork and it turned out to be a contraceptive.”
Restaurant boss Yi Ze Teng says she swallowed the condom to stop the argument with Liang and has accused the patrons of putting it in their food to get a meal for free.
The customers apparently threatened the manager that if she ate the condom, they would leave the matter alone.
However, Liang tells a different story, saying: "We didn't ask her to eat the condom. When we found it and told her about it she had quite a sniffy attitude. She said at first that we must have put it into the dish in a bid to get a free meal. One of my friends felt quite sick and we asked the restaurant to send her to hospital, but they refused.
"I think she ate the condom to prevent us going to police or the local health authorities with it. When we said we wanted compensation, she grabbed the condom and ate it."
According to CroatianTimes.com, Teng said as the fish and squid were hot, the condom would have melted if it was cooked with the rest of the dish in the kitchen.
Liang wasn't satisfied with Teng eating the condom, so she brought the matter to the court. She and her group have since hired a lawyer to fight for compensation.