Skip to main content

Cat Suffers Horrendous Death After Cooked In Microwave By Female Owner

Laura Cunliffe, 23, cooked her kitten in the microwave for five minutes because she thought it had attacked her goldfish.

The four-month-old black and white kitten, Mowgli, did not die immediately, reports the Mirror.

"The kitten was in a distressed state when Miss Cunliffe took it out of the oven. She took the animal to a relative's home,” said RSPCA prosecutor Brian Orsborn. “The animal could not get its breath and died about 90 minutes later. Miss Cunliffe made arrangements for the body of the kitten to be taken away to be buried.”

Cunliffe has pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to an animal, reports Metro.

Her defense is claiming she had suffered with depression and psychosis, and has been under mental health legislation several times.

“In the 13 years I have been in the job I have never dealt with a case like this before,” said Lynsey Harris, RSPCA deputy chief inspector. “It is particularly horrendous because of the period of suffering for the kitten which would have been awful…the exposure to the radiation in the microwave would have cooked the animal's internal organs and that will have been pretty horrendous.”

Cunliffe returns to court on March 13 for sentencing.


Popular Video