Skip to main content

Wisconsin Baby Hospitalized After Ingesting Vodka; BAC Of .294

A 1-month-old baby girl from Kenosha, Wisconsin, was hospitalized on Sept. 7 with a blood alcohol concentration of .294 -- more than three times the legal limit for an adult.

The child’s 20-year-old mother accidentally mixed baby formula with vodka, Kenosha News reported. She realized something was amiss when the infant’s toes and hands turned red, her eyes partially closed, and one of her legs shook. 

The baby girl was taken to Aurora Medical Center and transferred to Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin in Milwaukee. Her condition is currently unknown, Fox 6 News reported. 

The woman told police officers that, unbeknownst to her, the baby’s 22-year-old father, Brian M. Smith,  emptied a water bottle and filled it with vodka before she mixed it with the formula. 

According to the police report, when Smith found out about the vodka mix up, he hit the young mother over the head with a water bottle, pushed her and choked her. Smith has been arrested for strangulation and suffocation, two counts of battery, disorderly conduct with a domestic violence enhancer, disorderly conduct and resisting arrest. 

Sources: Fox 6 News, Kenosha News

Photo Credit: WikiCommons, nerissa's ring/Flickr


Popular Video