Actor Tom Arnold, a former contestant of the reality television program "The Apprentice," claims to have a video recording featuring a montage of allegedly racist and hateful comments made by the the show's previous host, President-elect Donald Trump.
After stating that he would never release the footage, Arnold has now signaled that he has changed his mind after Trump associates allegedly threatened him with a defamation lawsuit.
On Dec. 16, Arnold told radio host Dori Monson that he owned a compilation of outtakes from the reality television series that featured Trump making a series of allegedly racist and insensitive remarks, CBS News reports.
"I have the outtakes to 'The Apprentice' where he says every bad thing ever, every offensive, racist thing ever," Arnold said. "It was him sitting in that chair saying the N-word, saying the C-word, calling his son a retard, just being so mean to his own children."
The actor explained that he had received the video years beforehand and had not leaked the footage because he never thought Trump would be elected president.
"When the people sent it to me, it was funny," Arnold said. "He wasn't going to be president of the United States."
Arnold alleged that on Nov. 26, a talent agent representing both his "True Lies" co-star Arnold Schwarzenegger and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton had called and urged him to leak the potentially explosive footage. The actor added that he had refused the request because he did not want to legally endanger the people who had edited to video.
"They were scared of his people," Arnold said of the two editors and associate producer who had allegedly cut together the outtakes. "They're scared they'll never work again. There's a $5 million confidentiality agreement."
The actor added that he believed the alleged contents of the video would not have sunk Trump's campaign prospects.
"I think if the people that like him saw him saying the N-word, matter-of-factly saying this stuff, I think they would have liked him more for being politically incorrect," Arnold concluded, according to the Los Angeles Times.
On Dec. 20, Arnold took to social media to accuse Trump associates of calling his house and threatening to file a lawsuit over the video.
"Wife told me there's house line VM from Trump Camp about defamation suit so it's on!" Arnold tweeted out.
After signaling that he might release the footage, after all, the actor also called for all of the outtake footage from "The Apprentice" and the previously Trump-owned Miss Universe pageant to also be leaked.
"Open Apprentice vaults 4 discovery!" Arnold wrote. "Miss Universe too!!"
On Oct. 8, following the leaking of the 2005 audiotape featuring Trump bragging about kissing and groping women without consent, former "The Apprentice" producer Bill Pruitt asserted that there were recordings of the president-elect that were potentially even more damaging, Fortune reports.
"As a producer on seasons 1 & 2 of #theapprentice I assure you: when it comes to the #trumptapes there are far worse," Pruitt tweeted out.