Skip to main content

10-Year-Old Boy Dies From Spider Bite In Montana

A 10-year-old boy in Montana has tragically died two weeks after being bit by a brown recluse spider.

Keith Pierce was a star football player and promising student whose life abruptly ended this week after an infection caused by a brown recluse spider bite. Reports say that on September 30, Pierce’s parents took him to the hospital when his leg began to swell. Doctors initially thought it may be cancer, but last week, he was sent home.

Still, the pain and symptoms remained, and late last week, Pierce’s parents rushed him to the hospital again. Early Sunday morning, doctors performed emergency surgery on the 10-year-old, but unfortunately, he never woke up. Early Monday morning, Pierce’s parents made the unimaginably difficult decision to end resuscitation efforts.

Image placeholder title

Now, a coroner has determined that a bacterial infection caused by a brown recluse spider bite was the cause of the fourth-grader’s death. Since Pierce’s passing, a GoFundMe page has been set up to help raise funds for the family, and a Facebook page allows people to send condolences to the family during this difficult time.

“I so enjoyed coaching Keith,” wrote Wayne Hawkins on the Facebook page. “He was an amazing young man who was a true joy to be around.”

Sources: Daily Mail, KBZK, KRTV


Popular Video