Uses Ice Cream
Brianna Hill, 7, recently broke her arm on a playground at Webber Media Arts Academy in Pontiac, Mich.
"I was trying to jump to the bar on the monkey bars, but I slipped and fell and broke my arm," Brianna told My Fox Detroit (video below).
Instead of calling 911 or taking her to a hospital, the school called the girl's emergency contact list.
"They should have immediately called 911. What if she was going into shock? What if she could have had a concussion? Brain damage could have been done and they're just sitting there, calling people on the phone," stated the child's mother Shatia Hill.
The school didn't have any ice to put on her arm, so they used ice cream sandwiches instead.
"I have no idea why they thought that was acceptable. I mean, honestly, it was totally bad judgement on everybody in the school. When I call the school, they're like, 'Oh I wasn't there.' 'Oh I wasn't there.' Everyone wants to throw each other under the bus instead of taking responsibility," said Shatia.
The school finally reached Brianna's aunt who picked her up and took the girl to the hospital.
Shatia is looking for a new school for Brianna, while Webber Media Arts Academy has yet to issue a statement.
Source: My Fox Detroit