If you use Opposing Views mobile applications or sites, our Mobile Terms of Services also applies.
2. Personal Information: What We Collect and How
You can browse The Sites without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself.
We do NOT ask for governmental identification numbers, credit card numbers, or other financial account identifying numbers, codes, or passwords. If you receive an e-mail or any request for this type of information please notify us at once at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We collect some information automatically from your computer while you use The Sites, including your IP address, computer, and connection information, browser type and version, operating system, platform, the URLs you came from and go to and any cookies we may have set to identify your browser session. As you use The Sites we may also attempt to automatically determine some of the demographic information previously described from the content that you elect to view.
As you use The Sites, we collect a record of the content that you have seen. We may use this information to learn what topics and views you are interested in, and to automatically determine demographic information about you. We may use this information to enhance the services, content, and advertising that we present to you.
We will not ask for personally identifiable information in an e-mail, nor will we send you an e-mail with a link that directs you to a page where we ask for personally identifiable information. If you receive a request that directly asks for personally identifiable information, please notify us immediately at email@example.com. We can be contacted via mail at Deep Dive Media, LLC, 8400 Delongpre Avenue, #301, Los Angeles, CA 90069.
3. Children and Personal Information
The Sites are intended for adult users, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years old. If you are a parent and suspect that your child has provided Opposing Views with personally identifiable information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. How We Use Personal Information
We use the information we collect to:
- operate The Sites and publish relevant information to viewers;
- provide you with information and services you request;
- customize your experience;
- send you personalized content and promotional offers, based on your communication preferences;
- measure and improve our services;
- resolve disputes, complaints, and technical problems;
- conduct research;
- analyze aggregate user behavior and prepare aggregated reports;
- provide anonymous reports to internal and external clients.
5. Information Sharing and Disclosure
We are not in the business of renting or selling personal information you provide to The Sites with other people or nonaffiliated companies. Opposing Views does share your information to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, and under the following circumstances:
- We may share your information with service providers under confidentiality agreements in order to help with our business operations. These companies do not have the independent right to share this information.
- We may share names and e-mails of members who join Opposing Views as part of a co-branded partnership with that specific partner.
- We may share aggregate demographic information with third parties such as the media, advertisers, and government agencies. This aggregate information is typically in the form of statistics, such as numbers of Opposing Views users in a particular age group. Such aggregate information is not traceable back to you as an individual.
- We may share information when required by law or under the good-faith belief that such disclosure is necessary under applicable law; to comply with legal process served upon Opposing Views; to protect the property or interests of Opposing Views; or to protect personal safety or public interests.
- We may transfer personal information in the event that our business is sold, transferred, merged, or reorganized with or into another organization.
6. Public Content
Some portions of The Sites allow you to contribute ratings, reviews, comments, and other content to The Sites. This content is displayed publicly to other users, Opposing Views, and our partners. The content you contribute may be displayed with your Opposing Views screen name.
Some portions of The Sites utilize Facebook or other third-party services that allow users to comment and make statments that may or may not relate to the content on The Sites. The Company does not assume any responsibility for any offense or action that may arise from the use of these services or for any information that may be collected through the use of these services.
We may use this public content, whether submitted directly to the site or via third-party services, to develop aggregate ratings, comments, reviews, or other derived content for The Sites and distribution to other web sites and business partners. We may use your public content to personalize the site for you and other members and to identify and feature special content and members. For example, we may promote highly rated and regarded content on The Sites and on partner web sites.
Opposing Views sets and accesses cookies on your computer. A cookie is a small bit of information used by the site to track your session. It does not contain any sensitive information. No other web sites can access cookies set by The Sites, nor can The Sites access cookies set by other web sites.
You can block cookies by changing the settings on your browser (contact your ISP for help), but doing so may prevent you from logging in, or may prevent us from delivering some of our services to you.
8. Links and Third Party Sites and Ads
The Sites contain links to other web sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content on these sites. If you have concerns about how other sites collect and use information about you, make sure to read their privacy policies.
We use third party advertising companies to serve ads and collect data on The Sites. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to The Sites and other web sites in order to provide advertisements on this and other web sites about goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.
9. Confidentiality and Security
We use electronic, physical, and administrative safeguards, including firewalls and advanced password protection, to protect the security of your information. We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information and private communications will always remain private.
You should take steps to protect yourself as well. For example:
- Do not share your password with anyone else, and take measures to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure.
- To learn more about how to protect yourself online, visit the government website www.onguardonline.gov.
We may change this policy from time to time, and we will post the amended terms on The Sites. All amended terms take effect immediately for all users.
Last updated October 1, 2014