Yes, you and your yoga mat have been through a lot together…
It was there for you when you were happy, when you were sad, and maybe it even served as savior of sorts when things got tough – but nothing lasts forever, and if you’re mat is falling to shreds, it’s time to get a new one already!
Check out this article from That’s Fit on creative way to reuse your yoga mat:
If you’ve just eked your millionth sun salutation out of that thin, raggedy rectangle you call a mat, it might be time to spring for a new one. But what to do with the old? Certainly, you could recycle it or even donate it if it isn’t too far gone — or you could tap your inner Martha and try a little creative repurposing:
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
1. Hang it horizontally in your garage to keep car doors from scraping the walls.
2. Use it as a kitchen mat in front of the stove or sink
3. Lay it under your sleeping bag on your next camping trip; it won’t provide much in the way of cushioning, but at least you won’t feel every rock and stick.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true:
4. Scrub the heck out of it, then cut it up as liners for shelves and drawers.
5. Make it into floor covers for the backseat area so your kids’ muddy shoes and cleats won’t ruin your mats.
6. Carpet the tree house!
7. Cut it into small circles and use them under furniture legs to protect the floor.
8. Wrap it around that attic beam or basement pole you keep running into.
9. Put it under the litter box so the cat won’t track stuff all over the floor.
10. Cut it to fit under slippery rugs to keep them in place.
11. Put it under the stationary bike or treadmill to protect the floor from sweat and machine-induced scratches.
12. Line the floor of Fido’s crate to make your pooch more comfortable.
13. Lay it on the laundry room floor in front of the dryer so dropped clothes stay clean.
14. Cut it into circles and use them as jar openers.
15. Put a piece in the trunk of your car to keep groceries, boxes, and sports equipment from banging around.
16. Put a square under your pet’s food and water dishes to keep the bowls from skittering (and splashing) all over the floor.
17. Cut out shapes of fruits, veggies and animals and put them to work as hot pads under pots and pans.
18. Use it as a kneeling pad to keep your knees happy and clean when you’re working in the garden.
19. Lay it by the pool so your feet don’t get all grassy (or cement fried) when you step out.