Video of U.S. forces wiping out five ISIS targets in Syria at the same time has stunned many worldwide (video below).
The U.S. Department of Defense released two videos, which feature Operation Inherent Resolve -- the name for the fight against ISIS -- involved in various airstrikes, the Daily Mail reports.
One clip features a series of airstrikes blowing apart ISIS-held buildings near Manbij, Syria on July 5.
Popular VideoThis judge looked an inmate square in the eyes and did something that left the entire courtroom in tears:
Another video shows airstrikes destroying a speeding ISIS vehicle on July 7 in Iraq (below).
Officials explain they were trying to interfere with terrorist operations and logistics lines.
Manbij, near where the first video takes place, is one of the cities sparking outrage from human rights groups.
Organizations like Amnesty International have said American airstrikes killed more than 100 civilians in the city since June, CNN reports.
"There must be a prompt, independent and transparent investigation to determine what happened, who was responsible, and how to avoid further needless loss of civilian life," said interim Deputy Director of the Middle East and North Africa Program Magdalena Mughrabi on the Amnesty International website. "Anyone responsible for violations of international humanitarian law must be brought to justice and victims and their families should receive full reparation."
It is reported that U.S. forces had mistaken the civilians for ISIS fighters, but Mughrabi says that’s no excuse.
"Even if the coalition forces believed that fighters from the armed group calling itself Islamic State were present around al-Tukhar, they should have taken the necessary precaution to identify who else was present to avoid or at least minimize civilian casualties,” Mughrabi said.
U.S Defense Secretary Ash Carter responded, stating the department will investigate these reports further.
"We'll ... continue to do all we can to protect civilians from harm," he said. "Being scrupulously careful in avoiding civilian casualties and being transparent about this issue is a reflection of the civilized nature of this coalition."
So far, U.S. airstrikes have killed anywhere between 56 and 200 civilians in Syria.
If the number of fatalities exceeds 200, that would make this U.S.-led airstrike the deadliest since American forces arrived in Syria in 2014.
Five targets destroyed in Syria
Moving ISIS vehicle destroyed in Iraq