According to the French health ministry, five children and 21 adults are still in critical condition following the July 16 truck attack in Nice, France, which killed 84 people.
Mohamed Lahouaiej-Bouhlel, 31, drove the huge truck into crowds gathered during the annual Bastille Day celebration.
ISIS, which took credit for the Paris terrorist attacks in November 2015 that killed 130 people, claims that the truck-driving terrorist carried out the attack "in response to calls to target nations of coalition states that are fighting (ISIS),” notes The Straits Times.
A total of 121 injured people remained hospitalized while another 182 people had been treated and released at hospitals in Nice and surrounding towns.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
At the Lenval Children’s Hospital in Nice, 30 children were treated the night of the attack, said spokeswoman Stephanie Simpson.
The identity of one of the five critically injured children remains a mystery. Estimated to be about 10 years old, the child has received no visitors, leading authorities to speculate that the parents might be hospitalized elsewhere, or perhaps were killed in the attack.
It now appears that the child might be part of a family that Romanian officials are searching for, The Straits Times reports.
In a statement, Romania's foreign affairs ministry said: "Three Romanian nationals, two spouses and a minor, who were in the Nice area at the time of the attack have not yet been located. There is one minor (at Lenval) who could be the missing child.”