Waffle House Employees Fired For Doing Their Hair In Restaurant's Kitchen (Video)

| by Karin Sun
Video Of Waffle House EmployeesVideo Of Waffle House Employees

Two employees who were caught on video washing their hair in the kitchen of a Waffle House restaurant in Forrest City, Arkansas, have been fired for violating health codes (video below).

A local resident, Antonio Robinson, told WREG that he and a friend were dining at the Waffle House on the morning of Jan. 8 when they noticed something strange in their food.

"He was just coughing. Cough. Cough. Making noises like that," Robinson said of his friend.

"I looked up at him," he continued. "He went to pulling strings of hair out of his mouth."

After making the discovery, the friends then noticed restaurant employees doing their hair in the kitchen.

"She dipped her hair down in the pot and when it came back up she was drying it off with one of the towels," Robinson told WREG.

The pair recorded the employees washing their hair on their cellphones.

After the video came to the attention of Waffle House management, the employees in question were immediately terminated.

"I was embarrassed. But it's all taken care of now. That's all I can say," one manager said when asked by reporters from WREG how he felt when he found out about the video.

St. Francis County health officials conducted an inspection of the Forrest City restaurant on Jan. 12. The restaurant passed the inspection, although inspectors noted that the floor under the cooking equipment in the kitchen needed to be cleaned, according to inspection records.

A spokesman for Waffle House corporate released this statement in response to the incident:

We were made aware of this via a Facebook Private message this morning. We immediately reached out to the local management team. After identifying the parties involved, they were immediately terminated. The health department has been out to the restaurant for an inspection which it passed, and they have closed the case. We do not tolerate these behaviors and strive to provide a clean, safe environment for all our customers.

Robinson said he hoped others will learn something from the incident.

"People can learn from this and be cleaner everywhere and keep people from getting sick," he said.

This is not the first time restaurant workers have been caught on video violating health codes.

On New Year's Eve, a group of Pizza Hut employees were filmed taking bong hits in the restaurant's kitchen in Cypress, California, The Huffington Post reported on Jan. 6.

The Pizza Hut employees involved have since been fired. 

Sources: WREG, The Huffington Post / Photo credit: Video Screenshot