I don't go to the mall very often. Maybe a few times a year. It makes me nervous. So, maybe I'm a bit late hopping on this train, but in the mall yesterday I walked past a Victoria's Secret store to see a big ad for Yoga Underwear. I don't even know what this means.
I went to their website and found that they now carry a whole line of yoga clothes. It's a smart business move, no? Cotton, not difficult to manufacture, and people are willing to spend money consistently for inner peace. And a cute booty.
Sexy Tree Pose
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
I know Old Navy has a whole section of clothing called GoGa (or something along those lines), because I've bought pants there. Looking around, I found this blogger who writes about all sorts of things you can buy that somehow are supposed to relate to your yoga practice.
I believe that I need to look professional, clean, together when I am teaching a yoga class. Sometimes I feel weird about looking in the mirror before I leave the house to teach, but, ultimately, that makes sense to me. What I am worried about is the continued process (often discussed on yoga blogs all around) of making yoga into a consumer culture. I'm waiting for the day what someone asks me, "What style of yoga do you do?" And I'll have to answer "Victoria's Secret."
- Vajrasana (Diamond Pose)
- Take your arms parallel to the floor directly in front of you. Flex at the wrist and rotate arms. Pause. Circle wrist. Flex wrist forward and back.
- Tadasana (Mountain Pose)
- Begin a "swimming" warmup. Allow whole body to naturally follow movements of arms. Taking a wide stance, begin breaststoke arms.
- Forward crawl arms
- Backstroke arms
- Doggy paddle (kidding)
- Ardha Chandrasana (Half Moon Pose) Side Stretch. *In Kripalu and Bikram yoga, Ardha Chandrasana is the pose where from Tadasana you bring both arms overhead and to one side.
- Repeat other side
- Taking a wide stance, allow your arms to swing side to side like empty coatsleeves. Twist your torso as you swing.
- Begin Hara breath, saying "Ha!" as you twist
- Come to stillness
- Standing Yoga Mudra (Seal of Yoga), clasping arms behind back as you fold forward
- Slight backbend with Yoga Mudra arms
- Garudasana (Eagle Pose)
- Virabhadrasana III (Warrior III Pose)
- Natarajasana (Dancer's Pose)
- Repeat 16-18 with other leg
- Vinyasa to Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward Facing Dog Pose)
- Lift and lower fingers
- Vinyasa to Adho Mukha Svanasana. Bend one arm and then the other. Bend one knee and then the other. Hold for ten breaths, moving
- Vinyasa to Adho Mukha Svanasana to hold
- Jump to Bakasana (Crow Pose)
- Chaturanga Dandasana (Plank Pose)
- Ardha Salabasana (Half Locust Pose). Repeat other side
- Salabasana (Locust Pose)
- Navasana (Boat Pose) on stomach, hands interlocked behind lower back, using arms to help lift chest
- Garbasana (Child's Pose)
- Pasasana (Noose Pose). Repeat
- Upavistha Konasana (Seated Wide Angle Pose)
- Kurmunasana (Tortoise Pose)
- Baddha Konasana (Cobbler's Pose)
- Gomukhasana (Face of Light Pose). Repeat other side
- While seated, roll, bend and flex wrists
- Marichyasana III (Marichi's Twist)
- Savasana (Corpse Pose)