After being embarrassed in a sweep at the hand of the Orioles, the Red Sox swept a four-game series against the Angels, and may be turning a corner after a rough start. But while the Red Sox may be getting on a little hot streak, the Yankee's have an opportunity to go into Boston and limit the Red Sox streak and put them back under .500.
Many members of the media have already written the Red Sox off which is absolutely ludicrous, sure they got off to a rough start, but their strength (pitching) was not playing to their potential and they played sloppy baseball. Many analysts, including Peter Gammons, have already said it is not their year. The Boston cry-baby media is trying to set the Red-Sox up for some glorious come back. You all know how they will play it. Well, the Red Sox are a solid club and they were never out of it in the first place. Hopefully, the Yankees can keep them down. So if down the road we see headlines such as "Amazing Red Sox Resurgence" etc., remember you heard it here first, the media set this up from the start.
Phil Hughes will take the mound to begin the series tonight and it will be interesting to see if he continue rolling through an above average offense of the Red Sox in Fenway. With our boys experiences a little bit of the injury bug it is extremely important that those who are healthy play well. I the Yankees want to continue rolling Alex Rodriguez needs to break out. Luckily the Red Sox are hurting as well. Jacoby Ellsbury and Mike Cameron are both on the DL. This essentially takes away most of their speed game, and their outfield defense which should have been a strength is now questionable.
Game 1: Tonight @ 7:10 p.m. | TV: YES & MLBN | Radio: WCBS
RHP Phil Hughes (3-0, 1.44) vs. RHP Josh Beckett (1-0, 6.31)
Game 2: Saturday @ 3:10 p.m. | TV: FOX | Radio: WCBS
LHP CC Sabathia (4-1, 2.74) vs. RHP Clay Buchholz (3-2, 2.97)
Game 3: Sunday @ 8:05 p.m. | TV: ESPN | Radio: WCBS
RHP A.J. Burnett (4-0, 1.99) vs. LHP John Lester (2-2, 3.93)
- Can the Yankees put a halt to the Red Sox win streak?
- How will the bullpen hold up if Mariano has limited availability?
- Can Alex Rodriguez break out of his rut?
- RHP Chan Ho Park is on the 15-day DL with a slightly strained hamstring.
- CF Curtis Granderson is on the 15-day DL with a grade 2 strain of his left groin and is expected to be out 2-4 weeks.
- RHP Mariano Rivera has missed the last few games with stiffness behind in his side. He should be available in this series.
- LHP Andy Pettitte has elbow inflammation and is being evaluated on a day-to-day basis a DL stint is unlikely, but it is expected he will miss a start
- C Jorge Posada has a mild calf strain. He may be available this series. At most he will play two games.
- CF Mike Cameron is on the 15-day DL with an abdominal strain .
- OF Jacoby Ellsbury is on the 15-day DL with fractured Ribs.
- RHP Boof Bonser is on the 15-day DL with a right groin strain.
- SS Jed Lowrie went on the 60-day DL with a case of Mononucleosis.
- RHP Junichi Tazawa is out for the season with Sprain of ulnar collateral ligament in right elbow