Huntsville, Ala., WAAY-TV reporter Shea Allen recently posted some comedic confessions in a blog posting, got criticized, took it down and then reposted it before finally losing her job.
The blog posting, “Confessions of a Red Headed Reporter,” included ten confessional bullet-points, including not wearing a bra on the air and being scared of old people, reports FTVLive.com. The confessions read:
1. I’ve gone braless during a live broadcast and no one was the wiser.
2. My best sources are the ones who secretly have a crush on me.
3. I am better live when I have no script and no idea what I’m talking about.
4. I’ve mastered the ability to contort my body into a position that makes me appear much skinner [sic] in front of the camera than I actually am.
5. I hate the right side of my face.
6. I’m frightened of old people and I refuse to do stories involving them or the places they reside.
7. Happy, fluffy, rainbow stories about good things make me depressed.
8. I’ve taken naps in the news car.
9. If you ramble and I deem you unnecessary for my story, I’ll stop recording but let you think otherwise.
10. I’ve stolen mail and then put it back. (maybe)
After taking it down, the blog posting was reposted as “No Apologies: Confessions of a Red Headed Reporter," which included the ten bullet points and a statement:
This post was taken down because I was momentarily misguided about who I am and what I stand for. To clarify, I make no apologies for the following repost. It’s funny, satirical and will likely offend some of the more conservative folks. But it isn’t fake and its a genuine look into my slightly twisted psyche.
Here’s the thing, I’ve vowed to always fight for the right of free expression. It’s allowed, no matter what the profession. I pride myself in having earned the respect of many because I make no apologies for the truth and hold nothing back. I don’t fight for things because they serve me, I fight for them because they are right. Sources trust me because I am an unadulterated version of the truth. I won’t ever bend just because its popular to do so and I’m not bending now.
Allen tweeted today that she was “ terminated without cause” for her blog post.