Know their photography
Let us start on the basic two kinds of photographers your love ones might be, being a landscape or portrait photographer. Just be warned, photography equipments aren’t cheap so you might start saving right now. So here are the best gifts for photographers that you can give this Holiday Season:
For landscape and outdoor photographers
Ultra-wide and fisheye lenses is their dream
As a landscape photographer, they want to shoot on wide angle approximately they tend to snap up to 180 degrees of their full panoramic view or even more than that if they have a fisheye lens. So here are the possible lenses you can give them, let us start for the two most popular brand of photography, Canon and Nikon.
Canon Ultra-wide lenses
- Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM Ultra Wide Angle Zoom Lens for Canon SLR Cameras
- Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Ultra Wide Angle Zoom Lens
- Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM Ultra-Wide Zoom Lens for Canon EOS SLR Cameras
- Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L USM Ultra Wide Angle Zoom Lens for Canon SLR Cameras
- Canon EF 14mm f/2.8L II USM Ultra-Wide Angle Lens for Canon Digital SLR Cameras
- Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM SLR Lens for EOS Digital SLRs
- Canon Ultra-wide Lenses – Cheaper Alternatives
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Nikon Ultra-wide lenses
- Nikon 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED AF-S DX Nikkor Wide-Angle Zoom Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras
- Nikon 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G AF-S DX ED VR Nikkor Wide-Angle Telephoto Zoom Lens for Nikon DSLR Cameras
- Nikon 16-35mm f/4G ED VR II AF-S IF SWM Nikkor Wide Angle Zoom Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras
- Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8G ED AF-S Nikkor Wide Angle Zoom Lens
- NIKON 14mm f/2.8D ED AF Ultra Wide-Angle Nikkor Lens
- Nikon Ultra-wide lenses – Cheaper Alternatives
Filters they also want them
Another exciting part of outdoor photography will be capturing some unique images or enhancing the image quality through the use of filters. If you’ll be buying this as a gift better if you check their lens filter mount. I prefer you buy filters with mount of 77mm to be safe which you can paired with a step up ring if the lens filter mount is lesser than that.
The most common for outdoor shooters will be a UV filter which is basic screw in and will be a daily lens protection against elements.
Another filter to improve image color vividness and reduced reflection will be a CPL filter (Circular Polarizer).
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true:
If they’re shooting long exposures, they might also want to have a ND8 or ND400 filter which is great for waterfalls and other bodies of moving water. These filters tend to soften those in motion like water or clouds in which they add an extra delay on the camera’s shutter speed through its tinted mirror.
Another type of filter worth exploring for them are IR filters (Infrared).
Give them a waterproof camera
As an outdoor photographer, sometimes there are times that they can’t bring with them their hefty worthy DSLR because of possible elemental risks. Why not give them a second rugged handy camera. Normally, the marketing will told us it’s waterproof, shockproof, dustproof, freezeproof and most importantly, you can send it as a gift.
For portrait and event photographers
They want zoom-fast lenses for sure! Zoom lenses are those lenses that can point closely to their subjects without moving their feet or they can shoot at a distance unnoticeable. There’s also a type of portrait photographers which normally shoots on controlled environment such studio which requires shorter zoom lenses. Fast lenses, this lenses has lower apertures (a bit technical), well that’s the widest hole the lens can open up to have the light pass through it, the wider the faster. But the number will not tell you that, because aperture f/1.4 is wider than f/3.5, don’t forget that.
Canon Zoom-Fast lenses
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Standard & Medium Telephoto Lens for Canon SLR Cameras
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Camera Lens
- Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon SLR Cameras
- Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon SLR Cameras
- Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Standard Zoom Lens
- Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM Lens for Canon EOS SLR Cameras
- Canon Zoom-Fast Lenses -Alternatives
Nikon Zoom-Fast lenses
- Nikon 50mm f/1.4D AF Nikkor Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras
- Nikon 50mm f/1.8D AF Nikkor Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras
- Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8G ED AF-S Nikkor Wide Angle Zoom Lens
- Nikon 24-85mm f/2.8-4.0D IF AF Zoom Nikkor Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras
- Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II AF-S Nikkor Zoom Lens For Nikon Digital SLR Cameras
- Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G ED-IF AF-S VR Zoom Nikkor Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras
- Nikon 80-200mm f/2.8D ED AF Zoom Nikkor Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras
- Nikon Zoom-Fast lenses – Alternatives
Give them Speedlights or lighting equipments
Another recommended upgrade for portrait photographers will be Speedlights or external camera flash, they will love that for sure.
Check out their accessories
When it comes to their accessories, normally you’d likely to check their bag, tripod, diffusers, reflectors, book guides and cleaning kit.
- Camera Bags
- Ballhead Tripods for SLR Cameras
- DSLR Camera Flash Diffusers
- Camera Reflectors
- Top Rated Photography Books
- Cleaning Kit for DSLR
Give their second camera
Now if you really want to make them happy (love your personal) photographer, you might want to give them their second DSLR or an upgrade. So if they’ve just entered photography maybe an upgrade for mid-entry camera will be your choice or you might even give them full frames.