When Chad Johnson, a washed up, over-the-hill and totally unproductive wide receiver allegedly assaulted his wife, the Miami Dolphins cut him within 24 hours. When Dez Bryant, a young and talented wide receiver who has recorded 108 receptions and 15 touchdowns in his first two NFL seasons allegedly assaulted his mother, the Dallas Cowboys gave him a tap on the knuckles.
And then they grounded him.
According to Calvin Watkins of ESPN Dallas, Bryant and the Cowboys have agreed to a strict agreement that prohibits the 23 year old from putting himself in anything even remotely resembling a bad situation. Here are the rules he apparently must abide by:
• A midnight curfew. If he's going to miss curfew, team officials must know in advance;
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
• No drinking alcohol.
• He can't attend any strip clubs and can only attend nightclubs if they are approved by the team and he has a security team with him.
• He must attend counseling sessions twice a week.
• A rotating three-man security team will leave one man with Bryant at all times.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true:
• Members of the security team will drive Bryant to practices, games and team functions.
And Bryant is cool with all this? Well, if you believe Jerry Jones – yeah.
"Oh yeah, very much willing to do anything he can to help himself and help the team," Jones said of Bryant. "He's very open-minded and cooperative. He's doing the right things by his teammates and everybody is counting on him."
Any time you’re invested in a guy who needs to be put on 24 hour lockdown just so that he doesn’t do something stupid, you know you’re in a good place as a franchise.
I mean, what could possibly go wrong?
Good luck this year, Cowboys fans.