Here at the NFL Draft Hot Spot we are done covering next year’s NFL Drafts prospects for the Georgia Bulldogs and will now be moving to last year’s SEC Champions the LSU Tigers. Year in and year out LSU has top tier NFL talent and this year is no different. Although the majority of the Tigers NFL prospects will be coming from the defensive side of this ball in this session we will be evaluating LSU’s Junior Left Tackle Chris Faulk. Faulk is a massive Tackle whom will be vital to the production of the Tigers offense this upcoming season and growth of Quarterback Zach Mettenberger.
- LSU Tigers
- 325 lbs.
- Wide framed prospect, ideal arm length
- Displays good overall strength
- Good feet and lateral movement
- Ability to anchor down and sit
- Wide base
- Showed good hand placement (would like to see more consistency)
- Able to reach second level
- Displays good power at POA, able to turn defenders shoulders in run game
- Shows ability to cut block
- Quick out of stance
- Would like to see more of a nasty demeanor (should be finishing off blocks)
- More consistency with delivering an initial blow
- Need to see more of a punch and recoil in Pass Pro
- Would like to see more patience during kick step and trust feet
- At times tends to overset
- Lacks leg drive upon contact
- Could be more patient in space (second level)
- Needs to flatten back in Pass Pro and bend his knees
- Pad level rises on occasion
- At times tends to lean onto blocks (due to not bending knees)
Popular VideoA lot of liberals are outraged over this photo of Ivanka Trump. Do you see anything wrong with it?
After reviewing film on Faulk I was surprised by his foot movement. Faulk looks to be physical in the run game and possesses great arm length that you look for in a Tackle at the next level. He needs to clean up his technique in pass protection however he is at his best when he bends his knees and plays with proper pad level. If Faulk can continue to improve on his craft with his movement skills he has the ability to be one of the top Offensive Tackles chosen in next year’s 2013 Draft.