By Rob Kotaska
- Not that I can see any team beating Jonathan Quick four games in a row with the way he is playing but the Kings made a big mistake playing it safe two nights ago. There was a lack of aggression in the first two periods that I found odd. You have the chance to win the Cup at home and are playing with house money with a 3-0 series lead. Why not play some Kings hockey? Sooner than you can hum, “don’t believe the hype” we now have a series.
- Sure it is a long road for the Devils, and it is unlikely they can win four in a row. But a couple of savvy moves may have saved their series and chance at the Cup. Re-inserting Petr Sykora up front paid off dividends on the first Jersey goal. And Hank “the Stank” Tallinder brought his considerable playoff experience to the back line last night. He was huge, as I called he would be in preview, and it was a huge mistake for Pete DeBoer to not do so earlier.
- The sloppy ice in the Swamplands will benefit the Devils. My early call: Devils 3 Kings 2, the Kings road supremacy takes a big hit…which could play into a Game 7. You cannot let any team stick around, especially one with Marty Brodeur in net. It is not luck that his name has been engraved on the Cup three times.
- The NBC crew were flat-out wrong for criticizing the penalty to Danny Clarkson for boarding Dustin Brown. While Brown may have embellished he was hit square in the numbers. Combine that with the fact that the puck was gone from his possession and it was a penalty and the type of needless hit that must be removed from the game. If you see the numbers you have to use discretion. Just because they missed other calls you deem worse and the game is in the third period is no reason to put away the whistle.
- There is a mature male enhancement ad in the waiting regarding the Spurs lack of stamina in the Western Conference Finals. I won’t go into further detail, but it is there.