MMA Analysis: Terry Etim and Joe Lauzon Set to Meet at UFC on FOX 4
Let’s try this again. According to Fighters Only, lightweights Terry Etim and Joe Lauzon have verbally agreed to fight at the August 4th UFC on FOX 4 card in Los Angeles. The two had been scheduled to face each other at UFC 118 in 2010 but an injury to Etim forced a replacement.
Lauzon would end up facing Gabe Ruediger at UFC 118, submitting him just two minutes into the fight.
Injuries have limited Etim (15-4) to just three fights in a little less than two years and likely aided in him dropping two of those three fights. Etim last fought at UFC 142 in January where he lost to Edson Barboza via a third round spinning heel kick knocked. Despite the loss, Etim did walk away with a “fight of the night” bonus check to give him four bonus checks in his last five fights and five bonuses overall.
Lauzon (21-7) is also coming off a knockout loss after Anthony Pettis did it once again with a high kick at UFC 144. Prior to that Lauzon had won two fights in a row, including a “Submission of the Night” performance against Melvin Guillard at UFC 136. It was the fourth time Lauzon had won the “submission of the night” honors and the sixth time overall that he’s collected a bonus check.
Between these two fighters are a combined 12 fight night bonuses over 22 UFC bouts. Making it high probability that one, if not both of them will be cashing a bonus check after their fight on August 4th.
- Edson Barboza saves the best for last against Etim at UFC 142
- UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson Fight Night Bonuses
- Joe Lauzon Wins Yet Another UFC Bonus against Curt Warburton
- UFC 142: Aldo vs. Mendes Fight Night Bonuses
- Terry Etim Makes a Quick Return at UFC 138
- Joe Lauzon Throws his Name into the Hat at UFC 136
- Anthony Pettis displays another Big Kick at UFC 144
- UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson Medical Suspensions
- UFC 105 Bonuses
- UFC 136 Fight Bonuses
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at MMA Valor.