Former MLB All Star Jose Canseco made a sexual assault claim against him public knowledge when he decided to mention it on Twitter.
His original tweets, which began after Las Vegas police left his home, included the name and workplace of the woman he claimed had falsely accused him of rape. They have been removed from the popular social media site. No charges have been filed against Canseco and he has not been placed under arrest.
Officer Bill Cassell, a police department spokesman, wouldn't say where the alleged attack took place.
Canseco always seems to keep his name in the news. He wrote a tell-all book, “Juiced: Wild Times, Rampant 'Roids, Smash Hits & How Baseball Got Big,” admitting that he used performance-enhancing steroids and is currently playing baseball for the Fort Worth Cats, an unaffiliated team in the independent United League, USA Today reported.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Team spokesman Nathan Dwelle said that Canseco was scheduled to play during the team's season home opener on Thursday. He chose not to address the alleged assault. "Right now, we're not commenting until we have all the facts," Dwelle said.
Canseco played for the Oakland Athletics, Texas Rangers, Boston Red Sox, Toronto Blue Jays, Tampa Bay Devil Rays, New York Yankees and Chicago White Sox during his career. He finished with 462 career home runs.
The former slugger declared Chapter 7 bankruptcy last year. His attorney in the matter, Mark Segal, said the case was discharged.
Sources: USA Today, 6 ABC