2012 Fantasy Football Week 3 Tight End Rankings: Vernon Davis, Rob Gronkowski, Jason Witten and More
1) JIMMY GRAHAM (KC)- Graham sits at the number one spot for another week as he continues to post solid numbers in the Saints passing game. The Kansas City defense is allowing the fourth most points to opposing tight ends. Graham also has a history of destroying AFC defenses. Expect big numbers once again !
2) ROB GRONKOWSKI (@BLT)- Tough matchup for Gronk against an angry Raven defense coming off a controversial loss. Not sure how the absence of fellow TE Aaron Hernandez will affect his performance.
3) VERNON DAVIS (@MINN)- Davis is looking like an elite tight end as he scored for the third time this year last week against the Lions. This week he draws a Vikings defense that has struggled to stop opposing team's tight ends. Look for him to extend his touchdown streak.
4) BRANDON PETTIGREW (@TENN)- Pettigrew faces the 30th ranked defense this week as he takes on the Titans. Last week he was second on the team in targets which should bode well for him this week.
5) TONY GONZALEZ (@SD)- The ageless wonder just keeps on going as he scored once again last week while logging a seven catch 70 yard performance. Tony is Matt Ryan's favorite red zone target in an offense who scores plenty of points.
6) MARTELLUS BENNETT (@CAR)- Bennett has become one of Eli Manning's favorite end zone targets as he tallied his second score of the early season on Sunday against Tampa Bay. This week he draws the Panthers on Thursday night. Martellus is one of the most added TE's across all fantasy formats this week. He is definitely worth a look if you need a replacement for Aaron Hernandez or a struggling TE.
7) JASON WITTEN (TBAY)- The Cowboys get their first home game of the year on Sunday and should be ramped up and ready to go after last week's disappointing performance. Witten had one of his worst games last week as well with several drops and will be extra motivated to show his worth. He should post solid stats in this one.
8) ANTONIO GATES (ATL)- Gates was a last minute scratch last week which left many of us with a ZERO in our lineups. To make matters worse Dante Rosario his replacement scored three touchdowns. He is a solid performer in a pass happy offense when on the field and healthy. Monitor his status this week is my best advice.
9) BRENT CELEK (@ARIZ)- Celek went off last week with a eight catch 157 yard performance posting a career best in yardage. This week he draws a tough Cardinal defense on a roll.
10) SCOTT CHANDLER (@CLEVE)-Buffalo has said they will be expanding the role of Chandler who has caught a TD in his first two games. I like him in this game as well but only in TD only leagues.
11) JERMICHAEL FINLEY (@SEA)- I am hearing rumors out of Green Bay about some friction between Aaron Rodgers and his talented but stone handed TE. Jermichael possesses too much talent to become a forgotten piece in the GB offense.
12) OWEN DANIELS (@DENV)- Daniels continues to see plenty of targets which bodes well for his chances to post serviceable numbers at his position. Last week he received nine targets, catching six balls for 47 yards.
13) DENNIS PITTA
14) JARED COOK
15) HEATH MILLER
16) JACOB TAMME
17) DALLAS CLARK
18) GREG OLSEN
19) JERMAINE GRESHAM
20) COBY FLEENER
(September 15, 2012 - Source: Elsa/Getty Images North America)
Written by John Marino exclusively for TheFantasyFix.com.
Follow The Fantasy Fix on Twitter @thefantasyfix
or for Free Fantasy Sports Advice use our Quick Fix to get help with your team!