2012 Fantasy Football Week 1 Analysis: Tight End Power Rankings
Here is my first installment of the Fantasy Fix's weekly Tight End Rankings. Stop by each Thursday to get your TE fix from a 25 year fantasy veteran !!
1) JIMMY GRAHAM (WASH)- Graham looks to transform his solid preseason numbers into this weeks clash at home versus the Redskins. Graham is primed for a great game and a great season.
2) ROB GRONKOWSI (@TENN)- Gronk looks to continue his domination as the 2012 season begins for the Patriots in Tennessee. He looks to have completely recovered from off season ankle surgery.The buzz word is that Aaron Hernandez will become Brady's go to guy this year but I need to see it to believe it.
3) AARON HERNANDEZ (@TENN)- Hernandez looks to take over as the Patriots number one receiving threat as defenses try to bog down record breaking TE teammate Rob Gronkowski. Aaron signed a new five year contract with the team and will be motivated to prove his worth.
4) ANTONIO GATES (@OAK)- Gates looked to be playing at 100% in the preseason as he recovers from a lingering foot injury. The 32 year old has been a top 5 tight end for several years and should be the top option in a pass happy Charger offense.
5) VERNON DAVIS (@GBAY)- Vernon should reap the benefits of the additions of Randy Moss and Mario Manningham to the 49er offense. Opening up the the field will allow Davis to run underneath routes at will. This game looks to be a shootout so I am expecting solid numbers here.
6) BRANDON PETTIGREW (STL)- Pettigrew is an excellent play this week as the Lions get the Rams at home in their season opener. Matt Stafford and company should have no problems moving the ball in a high scoring contest.
7) KYLE RUDOLPH (JAX)- Rudolph looks to be a three down back and has become a favorite target of Christian Ponder. The Vikings will look to get off to a solid start against a medicore Jax defense.
8) TONY GONZALEZ (@KC)- Gonzo goes back home to take on his former team in Kansas City in this week one contest. The Chiefs will attempt to take away the star Falcon wideouts which should leave plenty of underneath room for Gonzalez.
9) FRED DAVIS (@NO)- Fred should see quite a bit of action his way as rookie QB Robert Griffin looks for a safety valve against a high pressure Saints defense. I expect a decent amount of points in this game from both teams tight ends.
10) JERMICHAEL FINLEY (SF)- Finley looks to get off to a better start in 2012 after having a very disappointing 2011 campaign which featured several dropped passes. The last time he faced the 49ers he had seven catches for 54 yards.
11) JARED COOK (NE)- Cook is one of my sleeper candidates this year to be a top 8 TE. He comes off an impressive end of the season last year and he will get to work with Jake Locker who he has a great rapport with. The Titans will have to keep up with the high flying Patriot offense in this game so plenty of chances should come Cook's way.
12) DUSTIN KELLER (BUFF)- By default Keller will be the Jets number one receiving option this week against the Bills.Even better he has a history of lighting up the Bills. My only worry is that he isnt 100% due to a preseason hamstring issue.
13) SCOTT CHANDLER
14) OWEN DANIELS
15) JACOB TAMME
16) BRENT CELEK
17) JERMAINE GRESHAM
18) COLBY FLEENER
19) GREG OLSEN
20) DALLAS CLARK
Written by John Marino exclusively for TheFantasyFix.com.
Follow The Fantasy Fix on Twitter @thefantasyfix
or for Free Fantasy Sports Advice use our Quick Fix to get help with your team!