- I am happy that the Chiefs finally sacked Todd Haley. He mismanaged RB Jamaal Charles, messed with WR Dwyane Bowe’s head, and put TE Tony Moeaki in harm’s way by playing him in meaningless preseason minutes. The Chiefs can turn this around, but they will need a player friendly coach who doesn’t think he knows more than everyone in the organization.
- Browns QB Colt McCoy should file a lawsuit against the team. Putting him back into the game after taking that major blow from James Harrison endangered his safety.
- All the credit is going to Broncos QB Tim Tebow, but don’t forget about the superlative kicking of Matt Prater. Prater has been a key part of this turnaround and the Broncos will need him to continue to make any sort of playoff run.
- Texans QB T.J. Yates showed that he is unafraid to make a big throw in a tight spot. His successful two minute drill against the Bengals might propel Houston to a first round BYE in the playoffs.
- I am calling for the Cowboys to fire Coach Jason Garrett. Not only did he blow the game last week, his play calling at the end of the Giants game was horrific. The Cowboys needed one first down to win the game and instead they ran the ball twice and QB Tony Romo missed WR Miles Austin on a touch pass. With all their options, Garrett should have shown more confidence in Romo and let him throw the ball on first or second down.
- If Packers WR Greg Jennings is out for any length of time look for rookie WR Randall Cobb to see more targets.
- In case you were wondering, Chargers TE Antonio Gates is back to his old form. He is a major threat every time the team reaches the red zone.
- Gun to my head: Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger will start next Monday in San Francisco.
- Answer: Michael Bush, Toby Gerhart, and Felix Jones. Question: Why is it important to draft the backups to your starting RBs?
- Raheem Morris’ job is hanging by a thread in Tampa. The Buccaneers got blown out at home, couldn’t generate any offense, and looked pathetic in trying to stop the Panthers’ running attack. Buccaneers backup QB Josh Johnson looked decent though and may have a chance to earn a full-time job next year after free agency.
- There is no doubt in my mind that Titans QB Jake Locker will be a fixture atop the Fantasy QB lists by 2013. His mobility and arm strength rival anyone playing right now.
- Buccaneers QB Josh Freeman has regressed so much this season that I expect a complete turnover in Tampa this off-season.
The Doctor is out…
Popular VideoHere is what happened when a pastor walked by President Trump after a prayer service:
The Sunday morning host of ESPN’s @ RotoExperts Fantasy Football GameDay, Dr. Roto is a Fantasy Sports Writer & On Air Personality. A subject of a UPN newscast for guiding numerous Fantasy Sports participants to league titles, Dr. Roto has answered over 10,000 Fantasy MLB, NFL and NBA questions over the past two decades. You can also listen to Dr. Roto on Sirius XM Fantasy Sports Radio with Scott Engel and the morning crew every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, at 10am ET. You may email Dr. Roto directly @ [email protected] or follow him on Twitter @DrRoto