- Kansas City Chiefs coach Todd Haley needs to be fired ASAP. In fact, if I were GM Scott Pioli, he would have been fired Sunday night. With about seven minutes to go in the game, the Chiefs were down 13-6 with a 4th and 2 on the Steelers’ 20 yard line when Haley decided to go for a field goal. How is that a smart move? The Chiefs needed a TD, but all they got was three points and a loss. Fantasy owners need to watch that WR Dwayne Bowe doesn’t continue to dog it during games. It could get ugly in Kansas City by season’s end.
- Speaking of fired, how does San Diego Chargers coach Norv Turner still have a job? First he played for overtime instead of trying to get the game winning FG. Then, in OT, he stopped using RB Ryan Mathews to set up for a 52 yard field goal. I am really worried about QB Philip Rivers, TE Antonio Gates, and WR Vincent Jackson down the stretch. They may be going through the motions trying to finish the season instead of putting up big offensive numbers.
- DeSean Jackson owners better have another option at WR. There is a good chance that he gets benched at some point before the end of the season.
- I feel badly for those of you who started WR Andre Johnson and WR Julio Jones this Sunday. Very rarely do wide receivers come back from leg injuries and make an immediate impact. Don’t despair, both players should pick it up for the Fantasy playoffs.
- Think the Raiders are happy with the Carson Palmer deal? You better believe they are. Palmer looks great and gives the Raiders a legitimate chance to make the playoffs. Palmer was so good this week that he made guys like Marcel Reese, Louis Murphy and Chaz Schilens Fantasy relevant.
- Watch Lions QB Matthew Stafford closely as something tells me that he may have lost his confidence in throwing the ball down field. If he has lost his mojo, the Lions will not make the playoffs and his Fantasy owners will not win their leagues.
- While 49ers QB Alex Smith didn’t play horribly against the Ravens on Thanksgiving night, he showed why he is a game manager and not yet ready to lead the team to the Super Bowl.
- Two horrible calls by officials: 1) Why was there no measurement on the 4th and inches late in the Buccaneer/Titan game? Buccaneer QB Josh Freeman didn’t know whether to spike it or run it which led to his fumble; and 2) the non call when Colts TE Jacob Tamme was mugged in the end zone on the last drive. I have no problem with the Panthers winning, but I have seen less violent attacks at mosh pits.
- Anyone associated with the drafting of Jaguars QB Blaine Gabbert should be fired as he is simply awful. I think I like QB Jimmy Claussen‘s future in the NFL more than Gabbert’s.
- Recently, Redskins coach Mike Shanahan woke up from his Rip van Winkle like slumber to say that RB Roy Helu is “the starter for sure” for the Redskins. Of course Shanahan went on to say that Clinton Portis and Terrell Davis were looking good for next week’s game against the Jets.
- Is it just me or is anyone else blown away by how good the Cardinals Patrick Peterson looks as a return man? He makes the Arizona defense worth owning in Fantasy leagues.
- f you are worried about Cowboys WR Laurent Robinson losing targets when WR Miles Austin comes back, don’t be. Robinson’s rapport with QB Tony Romo is so good, that I would be more worried if I owned Austin.
The Doctor is out…
Popular VideoThe average American throws away 82lbs of clothes:
The Sunday morning host of ESPN’s @ RotoExperts Fantasy Football GameDay, Dr. Roto is a Fantasy Sports Writer & On Air Personality. A subject of a UPN newscast for guiding numerous Fantasy Sports participants to league titles, Dr. Roto has answered over 10,000 Fantasy MLB, NFL and NBA questions over the past two decades. You can also listen to Dr. Roto on Sirius XM Fantasy Sports Radio with Scott Engel and the morning crew every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, at 10am ET. You may email Dr. Roto directly @ [email protected] or follow him on Twitter @DrRoto