Ex-NFLer Brian Holloway Might Be Sued By Parents Of Teens Who Trashed His House
After spending his NFL career protecting the quarterback as a member of the Raiders and the Patriots, Brian Holloway now might have to protect himself against the parents of teenagers who allegedly destroyed his home during a party. Following a Labor Day weekend house party that got out of control, Holloway posted the names of 100 of the estimated 300 house-crashers who trashed his upstate New York residence on his website, www.helpmesave300.com.
Instead of apologizing, parents of some of the children have contacted their lawyers to see if they can take legal action against Holloway.
"You can see the scars on the floor from where the keggers were brought through. The carpet, there was beer liquor and everything else you can think of, so we had to remove the carpet,” Holloway said. He estimated that about $20,000 worth of damage was done to his home, The New York Daily News reported.
"Parents have threatened me," Holloway said. "Your kids are in my house breaking and stealing my stuff and you are mad at me because I posted pictures that they took and posted themselves of them partying and tearing things up?"
He is hosting a picnic for veterans at his home on Saturday and has invited the rowdy teens and their parents to help him up the damage at the house. "Come out and help set up, fix up, bring food, and picnic stuff, so we can honor these real HEROS," he wrote on his website. "I'm here. Come now. Take a stand for your future. This is called redemption."
So far no arrests have been made and Holloway has not decided if he wants to press charges. He spends most of his time in Florida.