Bellator 78 will see the return of the company's women's champion Zoila Gurgel, after sitting on the sidelines for over 18 months with a knee injury. She will take on Casey Noland (4-2) according to MMA Weekly.
Zoila Gurgel defeated Jessica Penne (10-1), Jessica Aguilar (14-4) and Megumi Fujii (25-2) along the way to capture the championship in 2010. She has yet to defend the title.
Noland will be making her return to Bellator and MMA. She last competed in September 2011 at Bellator 51 where she lost via split decision.
Bellator 78 takes place on October 26 from the Nutter Center in Ohio and will air on MTV2.
- Dana White Clears The Air About Jon Fitch Rumor
- Paul Daley And Kyle Baker Signed For Bellator 79
- Chris Weidman Thinks Anderson Silva Might Be Ducking Him
- Lyoto Machida Hints At A Drop To Middleweight
- Quinton "Rampage" Jackson Asks For Match With Glover Teixeira
- Despite Loss, Fabio Maldonado Not Leaving UFC
- Video: Highlights Of Anderson Silva-Stephan Bonnar From UFC 153
- Alistair Overeem In Line To Fight For UFC Heavyweight Title In Early 2013
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.