Zoila Gurgel's (12-1) placement on the undercard of Bellator 78 drew criticism from fans and fighters wondering how the company's champion was not on the main card.
"To be on the undercard, I think it was the right thing to do based on my performance obviously," said Gurgel to MMA Weekly. "I was just more than happy to be back in there."
The reigning 115lbs champion made her return after a knee injury kept her out of action since March of 2011. She defeated Casey Noland (4-6) via unanimous decision last night.
Bjorn Rebney took the blame for Gurgel's spot on the show and said he wanted to ease her back into competition after a serious injury.
Without that win in the bag, Gurgel looks to continue fighting and mentioned a move to 125lbs wasn't a crazy idea.
"I'll be the best in the world at 125lbs," said Gurgel. "I did it at 115lbs and I'll do it at 125lbs."
- Josh Koscheck Reports Possible Nick Diaz Fight
- Gilbert Melendez Could Go To UFC "Anytime" Says Cesar Gracie
- UFC On Fox 5 Loaded With 13 Bouts
- Change Made To UFC 154 Fight Card Lineup
- WSOF Matchmaker Ali Abdel-Aziz Promises Every Card Will Be Packed With Action
- Strikeforce’s Evangelista Santos Jumps Ship To Legacy FC
- Tim Gorman Goes From Bar Fighter To Championship Contender
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.