For the first time in three years, Bellator returns to Ohio with women's 115 pound champion Zoila Gurgel (11-4) and the states own Brian Rogers (9-4) slated to appear. Their opponents are unknown.
Gurgel is undefeated in Bellator, where she has won her last four fights. She last fought in March 2011 and has been out with an ACL injury since.
Officials told MMA Junkie that they hope to have her fight Jessica Eye (8-1) on the card, but are uncertain if it will be possible. Eye is on a five fight win streak, with her last fight taking place August 17 of this year.
Rogers is 2-2 for the promotion, coming off a loss earlier this year.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
The semifinals of Bellator's Season 7 welterweight tournament are also being looked at for the card.
Bellator 78 takes place October 16 from the Nutter Center.
- Tim Means-Abel Trujillo, Daron Cruickshank-Henry Martinez Moved To UFC On Fox 5
- Chael Sonnen Says Vitor Belfort "Never Shows Up," Will Pull Out Of Jon Jones Fight
- Mike Swick-Matt Brown To Square Off At UFC On Fox 5
- Heavyweights Brendan Schaub, Lavar Johnson Headed For Seattle
- Bellator Returns To Ohio, Two Names Confirmed
- Jon Jones Responds To News Dan Henderson Was Injured Three Weeks Prior To Cancelling Fight
- Dan Henderson Targets Year-End Show For Return To Action
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.