Bellator's first bantamweight champion Zach Makovsky (14-4) was apparently released from the promotion. He went on Twitter to break the news.
After Makovsky qualified for the Season 3 bantamweight tournament with a submission win over Eric Luke (6-5), he would win the title at Bellator 32 after nailing three unanimous decision wins. He would continue his winning streak with two additional fights, both were non-title.
He lost the title to current champion Eduardo Dantas (14-3) via a second round arm triangle choke submission. His losing streak continued with a split-decision loss to Anthony Leone (12-5) at Bellator 83. He was released after that performance.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Makovsky is expected to travel the free agency market.
- Paul Daley Arrested, Barred From Entering U.S.; Bellator Cancels January Fight
- Junior Dos Santos Doesn’t Mind Holiday Training
- UFC 155 Results And Live Coverage This Saturday, Current Card
- Program Reminder: Countdown To UFC 155 Debuts Tonight At 11 PM ET
- José Aldo Is Conflicted On His Next Move
- Dan Hardy: TUF Cast Is Becoming The Jersey Shore
- Anthony Pettis On Beating Benson Henderson
- Brad Pickett On Who Deserves The Next Bantamweight Title Shot
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.