Whoever is declared the winner between Yves Jabouin (16-7) and Brad Pickett (21-6) might be next in line for the bantamweight championship shot, at least according to Jabouin.
"I would say we're getting close to [a title shot]," said Jabouin on MMA Junkie Radio. "The 135 pound division has a lot of tough competitors, and me and Brad Pickett are out to show we're coming. Don't overlook us, because we're two top competitors and we're coming after it."
After losing in his first UFC fight, Jabouin is on a three fight win streak. Pickett is 1-1 for the UFC, picking up his first win in April of this year.
"This definitely [is the best I've been]," said Jabouin. "I've been working so hard in the gym trying to get better, trying to put many more weapons in my arsenal. I think it's showing that I've been working extra hard. With the three win streak, I think I'm definitely finding my range."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- UFC Boss Has "No Regrets" Over Cancelling UFC 151
- Lyoto Machida's Decision To Pass On Title Shot Moves Him Down The Line
- Foot Injury Could Keep Mark Munoz Sidelined For Over A Year
- Dana White Confirms Georges St-Pierre Vs. Anderson Silva In The Plans
- Teams For The Ultimate Fighter: The Smashes Announced
- Odds Of Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza Fighting In November Looking Slim
- Tyson Nam, Bellator Contract Dispute Continues
- Video: Full Trailer For MMA-Inspired Film "Here Comes The Boom"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline