Yves Edwards was scheduled to face Jeremy Stephens Friday night at UFC On FX: Browne vs. Bigfoot. Stephens didn't miss weight, or suffer an injury that caused him to be removed from the fight.
No, Stephens was arrested early Friday on a felony charge handed down in Iowa. Stephens wound up spending the day in a Minnesota jail, and is likely to do the same in Iowa once he is processed.
UFC president Dana White made it known that he tried his best to get Stephens out and into the Octagon for his scheduled match with Edwards. However, White was denied and the bout was scrapped.
Edwards released a statement on his Twitter account thanking his fans for always sticking by him:
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
— Yves Edwards (@thugjitsumaster) October 6, 2012
- Anderson Silva's Career Goal: Undefeated UFC Mark
- Ex-WWE Star Dave Bautista Wins MMA Debut
- "Invicta FC 3" Results: Jessica Penne Becomes Atomweight Champion
- Glover Teixeira: I'm Jon Jones Toughest Challenge In The Division
- Erick Silva Says Fighters Have To Be Unpredictable
- King Mo Has Bellator Ranked As One Of The Top MMA Companies
- Dana White Defends Paying Dennis Hallman
- "ONE FC 6: Rise Of Kings" Results: Aoki Scores Submission Victory
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.