It took a few extra weeks, but Saturday night's win was still sweet for Yves Edwards. After having his match with Jeremy Stephens cancelled in October, Edwards finished Stephens in the prelim main event at UFC On Fox: Henderson Vs. Diaz.
Edwards and Stephens were scheduled to meet in October, but an outstanding arrest warrant for Stephens scrapped the contest. The UFC quickly rescheduled it for Saturday night, and Edwards finished it even quicker.
"I'm feeling really good," said Edwards, who earned his 16th career knockout. "Jeremy is a tough guy, but I got it done (tonight)."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Edwards said that Joe Lauzon, a former opponent of Stephens, told him that "Lil Heathen" packed a punch. Early on Stephens caught Edwards "with a good shot," but Edwards explained that his experience helped him survive.
Both fighters threw rights, but it was the right of Edwards that connected, handing Stephens his first knockout loss of his pro career.
"When he went down, I thought he was out," Edwards said. "I jumped on him; I said I can't let this guy recover, I had to take him out."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true:
- Initial Ratings Strong For UFC On Fox: Henderson Vs. Diaz
- Sara McMann Denies Ronda Rousey Rumor
- Tamikka Brents Flaunts Her LGBT Community Presence
- Video: Rory MacDonald Vs. BJ Penn From UFC On Fox 5
- Video: Highlights From Mauricio "Shogun" Rua Vs. Alexander Gustafsson At UFC On Fox 5
- UFC On Fox: Henderson Vs. Diaz Live Gate, Attendance Figures
- Benson Henderson To Rest Of Lightweight Division: "I'm Not Going Anywhere"
- Rory MacDonald Upset He Didn't Finish BJ Penn, Discusses Carlos Condit
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.