Yushin Okami (27-7) snapped his two fight losing streak at UFC 150, with a TKO victory against Buddy Roberts (12-3) and looks to keep the momentum alive going forward.
With a translator present, Okami spoke about the win.
"I'm happy I came away with a victory," said Okami. "With this victory I'm now sure I can climb to the top again."
Okami went on that his plan was to use ground and pound for the entire fight.
Popular VideoThis judge looked an inmate square in the eyes and did something that left the entire courtroom in tears:
Roberts was the third replacement fighter as Luiz Cané (12-4-1 NC) and Rousimar Palhares (14-4) were forced out of the fight due to injury.
With the win, Okami is now 11-4 in the UFC since he debuted for the company in 2006. Roberts was on a six fight win streak before this loss. He is now 1-1 for the UFC.
- Jon Fitch Says American Fighting Academy “Still Mending From Josh Koscheck Leaving"
- High-Level Manager Ed Soares Joins RFA MMA Promotion
- Pair Of Fights Official For UFC's Return To England
- Georges St-Pierre Thinks Chris Weidman Could Defeat Anderson Silva, Says He's 'At A Different Level"
- Nate Diaz Thought Frankie Edgar Won, But Favors Title Fight With Benson Henderson
- Benson Henderson Knows Nate Diaz’s Mind Psychology Can Affect Their Fight
- UFC Hoping To Host Superfight At Cowboys Stadium In Early 2013
- Shane Carwin Expects Roy Nelson To "Test My Nerves" On TUF
- Prelims For UFC 150 Fail To Reach One Million Viewers
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.