Nicolae Cury earned a decision victory over Roger Carroll in the main event of XFC 19 Friday night from Charlotte, North Carolina. The main card was aired live on AXS TV.
Cury (7-3) and Carroll (10-8) stepped into the main event slot after Corey Hill and Mike Bronzoulis pulled out. Hill and Carroll were also set to face off at one point in the headliner.
In other action, Felice Herrig earned a decision over Simona Soukupova, and Nick Newell stopped David Mays via first round knockout. Newell is a congenital amputee with just one fully-formed arm.
XFC 19 RESULTS
Popular VideoThis judge looked an inmate square in the eyes and did something that left the entire courtroom in tears:
Nicolae Cury def. Roger Carroll via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
Felice Herrig def. Simona Soukupova via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
Nick Newell def. David Mays via knockout (knees) at 2:01 of Round 1
Kevin Forant def. Joe Elmore via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
Keith Richardson def. Lawson McClure via submission (rear-naked choke) at 3:40 of Round 1
Jason Hicks def. Shane Crenshaw via submission (armbar) at 3:41 of Round 2
Johnny Buck def. Ricky Rainey via knockout (strikes) at 1:32 of Round 2
- Dana White Details Rory MacDonald's Injury That Put Him Out Of BJ Penn Fight
- Prado Ready For Next Fight After Davis’ Poke To The Eye Stops His UFC Debut Early
- UFC President Feels MMA Qualifies As An Olympic Sport
- Dana White Talks The Possibility Of A One Handed Fighter Joining The UFC
- Dana White Ecstatic With All The Fights At UFC On FOX 4
- Rua Okay With No Championship Shot For His Next Fight
- Lauzon Avoids Varner’s Overhand Right To Secure Submission Victory
- The Dragon Is Back As Machida Earns Championship Shot
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.