Former UFC light heavyweight champion Rashad Evans was a guest on MMA Uncensored Live recently, and "Suga" was asked about a potential fight with Vitor Belfort. On Saturday night, Belfort will attempt to become the UFC 205-pound champion when he faces Jon Jones at UFC 152: Jones vs. Belfort.
However, Belfort recently decided to start training with Evans and the Blackzilians at Florida. So, could we be looking at another Jones-Evans ordeal? Nope, according to Evans.
"No, I'm not gonna fight Belfort. I'll figure out a fight for me," Evans said (thanks to MMAMania.com for transcribing). "When you compete, and you really have a love for competing, you understand what it's really about. What's for me is for me and what's for somebody else is for somebody else."
Evans had a nasty split from Greg Jackson's gym after Jones became the UFC champion. The two fought earlier this year, with "Bones" earning a decision victory.
As for those pesky rumors that keep popping up concerning Evans moving down to middleweight and facing Anderson Silva, the former Ultimate Fighter winner said, "I would consider dropping to 185, but the problem is I'm kind of heavy right now. It makes no sense for me to drop down to 185 to be right in the same position I'm in at 205."
- Dana White Returns With A Video Blog Featuring UFC 150
- Video: UFC 152: Jones Vs. Belfort Post-Fight Press Conference At 1:30 AM ET/10:30 PM PT
- Chuck Liddell Picks Jon Jones To Retain Against Vitor Belfort
- Brian Stann Sees Several Names Ahead Of His In The Middleweight Division
- Anthony Johnson Picks Up Third Consecutive Victory
- TUF Episode 2 Recap: Team Carwin Strikes First
- Rashad Evans Talks Facing Vitor Belfort, Drop To Middleweight
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline