Fabio Maldonado would like nothing more than the opportunity to face fellow Brazilian Glover Teixeira at UFC 153: Aldo vs. Edgar this October. After news broke that Quinton "Rampage" Jackson would not be able to face Teixeira, Maldonado quickly volunteered.
"I want this fight," said Maldonado, in an interview with MMAjunkie.com. "I know our styles would make for an incredible fight for the fans, and I want this opportunity. I hope the UFC will grant me this one request."
Maldonado is expected to face Cyrille Diabate at UFC 154: St-Pierre vs. Condit after having his scheduled fight with Jorgen Kruth pulled. Maldonado (18-5) has lost his past two bouts after defeating James McSweeney.
Teixeira (18-2), who made his long-awaited UFC debut earlier this year when he submitted Kyle Kingsbury, posted on Twitter, "I am upset about 'Rampage,' I am in shape (and) I'm healthy. And I pray to God so I don't get any injury, I'll fight whoever."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Lyoto Machida Tweets Out A "Big Surprise" Is In The Future; Wanderlei Silva Hints At UFC 153 Fight
- Fabio Maldonado Wants To Face Glover Teixeira In Brazil, Teixeira Willing To Face Anyone
- UFC Confirms TUF: India, Show To Begin In 2013
- Jose Aldo "Very Sad" For Having To Pull Out Of UFC 153
- Frankie Edgar Willing To Fight Whenever The UFC Wants Him To
- If Asked, Urijah Faber All For Facing Frankie Edgar
- Joe Lauzon Proves He Asked For Gray Maynard First
- Roger Hollett Back In To Face Matt Hamill At UFC 152
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline