Edson Barboza may be coming off a loss to Jamie Varner, but he could score an even bigger win later this month. Barboza was nominated for an ESPY (ESPN's award show) for Play of the Year.
Barboza's spinning wheel kick knockout of Terry Etim at UFC 142 was one of 16 plays selected. The Brazilian believes being mentioned alongside plays from the other major sports organizations is a win for MMA.
"It is really nice to be able to see MMA competing head-to-head with soccer, football, golf and others," said Barboza, during a recent interview with MMAjunkie.com. "I realized that MMA is growing faster and faster."
- Tito Ortiz On Griffin Bout "15 Years In The Making"
- GSP Believes Dan Hardy Can Become A Championship Fighter
- Urijah Says Barao Not His Toughest Challenge
- Reminder, Rebellion MMA Radio Returns Tonight With Rick Hawn, Dhiego Lima, Adam Lynn
- Healthy Lifestyle Has Allowed Cung Le To Continue Fighting As He Reaches 40
- Edson Barboza Says ESPY Nominee "Is Really Nice"
- No New News On Eddie Alvarez, Bellator Contract Talks
- Retirement Is Fitting Randy Couture Nicely
- Brandon Vera "Don't Give A Damn" Why "Shogun" Rua Took Fight
- Video: "UFC 148 Primetime: Silva Vs. Sonnen 2" Episode
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.