After a 0-2 start in the UFC, Shields earned two victories when he switched from a welterweight to middleweight. The win snaps Herman's four fight win streak.
Herman was not pleased with his performance and felt he couldn't get started.
"I had a hard time moving," said Herman. "He was a real tight game on top and it was just hard for me to start moving. Not to take anything away from him, but I felt like he just laid on top of me and rested."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
The crowd started to jeer at the fighters and Herman accounts that due to the lack of action during the fight.
"I'm pretty disappointed," said Herman. "I feel like I didn't fight like I can. I'm sorry to the fans and to the UFC. I feel like I let everyone down. The crowd was booing because the fight wasn't very exciting. I've got to go back to the drawing board and get better next time."
- Cris Cyborg Wants A Fight With Ronda Rousey "To Punch Her"
- Dominick Cruz Not Pondering Any Change In Weight Classes Yet
- Jon Jones "Confident That I'm Gonna TKO" Dan Henderson
- Former TUF Coach Jason "Mayhem" Miller Arrested
- Leonard Garcia Believes He’s Fighting When The UFC Invades China
- DeWayne Zinkin On Why American Kickboxing Academy Is The Place For Wrestlers To Morph Into Fighters
- The Office Was No Place For A Competitor Like Daniel Cormier
- Jake Shields Looking To Fight A Top Middleweight Fighter
- Gene LeBell Says Ronda Rousey Is The Ideal Female Athlete
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.