Rose Namajunas (0-0) has no professional fights to her name nor has she fought for Invicta FC. All that changes when Namajunas makes her professional debut for the promotion against Emily Kagan (2-0).
Invicta FC debuted in April 2012 as an all-female MMA promotion. They held three shows in their first year of operation and all were considered a success by Invicta FC president Shannon Knapp. Those shows streamed for free on the promotion's website.
"We're being given an amazing opportunity, whereas before, we had to struggle just to get on a regular card, and outperform ourselves, just because all these other men are fighting on the same card," said Namajunas to Bloody Elbow. "Invicta is featuring nothing but women, and giving us all a chance to shine."
Namajunas was undefeated in her amateur career with four wins. Two of those came by way of TKO in round one. Since Kagan turned professional this year, she has won her two fights by decision. Both women will be making their Invicta FC debut.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Namajunas vs. Kagan are scheduled for the preliminary card of Invicta FC 4 on January 5. The promotion returns for their forth show from the Memorial Hall in Kansas City, KA. Unlike previous shows, this one will air on PPV for $7.95.
- Mark Munoz Involved In Car Accident, Appears To Have Avoided Any Serious Injuries
- Antonio Silva Only Fighting Junior Dos Santos If UFC Forces Him To
- Glover Teixeira Plans To KO Quinton Jackson Out Of The UFC
- Video: Backstage Access To UFC 155
- Jon Jones Responds To Dan Henderson: "Old Guy Got Jokes"
- Nate Marquardt Glad To Put Old Issues With Dana White Behind Him
- Pat Healy Frustrated With UFC’s Decision Making About Strikeforce Fighters
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.